Hi,

I replying again to this mail as I have found out the
problem. It was the unloading/reloading of mii module
which was creating problem. I don't know why this
module is loaded or it is loaded by b44 module which
is necessary for my ethernet card (which I don't use
as I am using my wireless card to connect). When mii
is in the list of modules which should be unloaded
before suspending to ram, after resuming I see
following in console when I give "strace kate"
command.

connect(13, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(111),
sin_addr=inet_addr("127.0.0.1")}, 16

Though I don't understand what does this mean, it gave
me clue that there must be something wrong with some
network module. The only module in the list unknown to
me was this mii one and moment I removed it from the
list (that is left it loaded before suspending), the
problem disappeared.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given.

regards

http://mail.yahoo.com