Chirag Rajyaguru wrote:
>    My problem starts now. After resuming, any new kde
> application doesn't start immediately. It takes really
> really long 5-6 minutes to start.

Well, there is some delay between messages on console run out and I get KDE
back here as well -- but that's more like 15 seconds (maybe half a minute),
but certainly not 5 minutes.

> If I try "dcop" it gives something like can't attach to dcopserver.

You cannot get to dcop from console as normal user -- try

dcop --all-users --list-sessions

as root.

>   Could anyone help me to understand what's going on
> and probably a solution to restart some kde stuff
> after resuming.

And I don't know if it relevant, but take a look at hibernate script
(package hibernate), you may need to fiddle with it a little bit.

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

If in desperation, read the documentation!
    -- Brian D. Ripley, on R-help list