Hello again,

> On Tue 2006-08-15 11:46:21, Chirag Rajyaguru wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > If this post should not be in this list, please
> > suggest the appropriate list to post to.
> >
> > My computer Dell Inspiron 5150 suspends and
> resumes
> > fine with vesafb framebuffer from x as well as
> from
> > console with s2ram -f -s. I am using SUSE 10.1
> with
> > kde 3.5.4 level a.
> >    My problem starts now. After resuming, any new
> kde
> > application doesn't start immediately. It takes
> really
> > really long 5-6 minutes to start. From console, it
>
> Does it happen for other people, too?
>
> Can you narrow it down to dcopserver not running?
> Can you emulate the
> same effect by killing dcopserver?
I have tried to kill the dcopserver but that shutsdown
the whole kde and presents me with a login screen. One
thing I would say that all the applications which are
already running when I suspended to ram, they work
still ok even after resume. This includes konqueror,
kpowersave, ktorrent, kopete. I am trying different
things meanwhile I get some suggestions from you guys.

Regards

http://mail.yahoo.com