On Monday, 18 September 2006 18:32, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 05:10:14PM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
>
> > > compression enabled, i get a flickering disk led during write, without it
> > > is solid on. Since it is a Pentium M 1400, CPU speed should be fast enough
> > > to benefit from compression.
> >
> > Well, what kind of RAM is there is this box?
>
> 768MB of DDR-333.
>
> > Also, do you observe any comrpession-related resume speedup?
>
> I have not benchmarked it really exact, so i'm not sure. However, resume is
> much faster and without flickering disk light.
>
> > > It also was always dog slow with in-kernel suspend.
> >
> > Have you tried the latest -mm?
>
> No. Should i?

It contains some patches that should increase I/O performance about 2 times
at the expense of some more memory needed during the suspend (if there's
not enough memory for the asynchronous writing, it will suspend anyway, but
as slowly as without the patches ;-) ).

--
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
                R. Buckminster Fuller