On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 05:10:14PM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> > compression enabled, i get a flickering disk led during write, without it
> > is solid on. Since it is a Pentium M 1400, CPU speed should be fast enough
> > to benefit from compression.
>
> Well, what kind of RAM is there is this box?

768MB of DDR-333.

> Also, do you observe any comrpession-related resume speedup?

I have not benchmarked it really exact, so i'm not sure. However, resume is
much faster and without flickering disk light.

> > It also was always dog slow with in-kernel suspend.
>
> Have you tried the latest -mm?

No. Should i?

I'm right now "benchmarking" suspend with 1% / 20% early writeout and without
early writeout on a similar machine (but that machine is not as slow as this
one, strange). I'll send the results in a separate mail.
--
Stefan Seyfried                     | "Please, just tell people
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |               to use KDE."