Dear Matt,

I was very interested to see you say that

> I also have a dell X200 which works with the -p and -s workarounds. The
> output of s2ram -i on that is:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ $ sudo s2ram -i
> This machine can be identified by:
>     sys_vendor   = "Dell Computer Corporation"
>     sys_product  = "X200"
>     sys_version  = "A06 "
>     bios_version = "A06  "
>     See http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram for details.

This since I have a Dell X200 as well, but have never managed to get
suspend to ram to work (suspend to disk works fine).  For my machine,

s2ram -i
This machine can be identified by:
    sys_vendor   = "Dell Computer Corporation"
    sys_product  = "X200"
    sys_version  = "A09 "
    bios_version = "A09  "

so the only difference appears to be the version of the BIOS.

I just tried again, and s2ram -f -p -s just kills my system (like all
other combinations): it suspends fine, but on resume, it starts but
then dies, screen remaining dark, CAPS LOCK not working, etc.  This
both from X and from the command line, after booting with
init=/bin/bash (mount /proc; mount /sys; s2ram -f -p -s).

Could you let me know a bit more details of what you use? (kernel
version, possible boot parameters, whatever else you can think might
be helpful...)  I am running Debian with a 2.6.18-4 kernel.

Thanks, all best wishes,

Marten