On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 10:16:19PM -0400, Marten van Kerkwijk wrote:
> Hi Matt, Stefan,
>
> OK, so I finally have a working s2ram on my Dell X200!!  I first

good :-)

> So, Matt, perhaps you can:
> * confirm that -p -m is sufficient after starting up the machine?
> * check that somewhere or other you use vga=792 as well (it wasn't
>   explicitly in the /proc/cmdline you sent; mine is
> weasel:~# cat /proc/cmdline
> root=/dev/hda5 ro vga=792
>
> With that, the X200 should be able to make it in the whitelist (though
> I don't know how you would deal with a vga setting...).
>
> Otherwise, I'm mostly curious whether the fact that vga=0 does *not*
> work for a Dell X200 is unique to this machine.  Perhaps the web site
> should mention it as yet something else to try...

It should actually also work with vga=0. Note that "only garbage on console
after resume" is _not_ a bug, as long as you can get on by typing "clear"
(or ctrl-L) and everything is working again after that.

If this does not work in VGA mode, but works in vesafb, this would definitely
need some investigation.
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"