On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 09:05:32PM -0400, Marten van Kerkwijk wrote:

> I just tried again, and s2ram -f -p -s just kills my system (like all
> other combinations): it suspends fine, but on resume, it starts but
> then dies, screen remaining dark, CAPS LOCK not working, etc.  This
> both from X and from the command line, after booting with
> init=/bin/bash (mount /proc; mount /sys; s2ram -f -p -s).
>
> Could you let me know a bit more details of what you use? (kernel
> version, possible boot parameters, whatever else you can think might
> be helpful...)  I am running Debian with a 2.6.18-4 kernel.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ $ uname -a
Linux hecate 2.6.18-4-686 #1 SMP Wed Feb 21 16:06:54 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ $ cat /proc/cmdline
auto BOOT_IMAGE=Linux ro root=301 quiet video=intelfb:[EMAIL
PROTECTED],vram=8,accel,hwcursor

I did for a while have a custom DSDT table compiled into the kernel, but now
I'm just using the stock Debian one; I'm running Etch. I don't know if that did
something permanent.

with -f I got no backlight or screen, but it was responsive. -p enabled it, but
scrambled. Switching vts to X was neccessary to clear that, -s fixed that too.

I'm not really sure what else to say, it failed completely until recently, I
just tried it again and it worked. For a while it got into a state where you
couldn't boot it unless you left it overnight with the battery out and then
held down the power button for 30 seconds. The DSDT fixed that. The DSDT I got
from here: http://www.modperl.com/x200/dsdt_details.html

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson