On 7/27/07, Rafael J. Wysocki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > (yes, i think i know what it does; writing 1 into the state of the
> > framebuffer device just disables any drawing - and thus any access
> > of possibly not really initialized hardware before running vbe_post
> > etc...)
> > At least it seemed to do no harm in my (limited) tests.
>
> I think it can go if
> (1) it doesn't break any setups that currently work
> (2) it fixes at least one box that currently doesn't work

I don't wish to annoy any of you...
But if it can be done via regular scripts before s2ram, why merging it?
s2ram can be as small as possible having hibernate-script or pm-utils
do this work...
The same goes to vbe and stuff.

There is an exception... During s2disk, when user space is frozen...
But no hack runs at this point yet.

Alon.