Dana wrote:

>--- Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Reference? You keep talking about the scourge of
> > sloppily made
> > biodiesel and the damage it does, you imply you know
> > of blown-up
> > engines which people keep quiet about, and now you
> > claim that the
> > emissions are worse than dino-diesel's. I think
> > either provide some
> > supporting evidence for these claims or stop making
> > them.
>
>If you are telling me to shut up because you don't
>agree with my point of veiw I am very surprised since
>you nearly always encourage a free discussion of any
>biofuel related subject on this list.

Not "nearly always", always. Now I wonder why you think I'm telling
you to shut up because I don't agree with your point of view? It says
right there:

> > either provide some
> > supporting evidence for these claims or stop making
> > them.

A quite different thing. I've just told Mr Woodland B.V. something
similar about his claims that biodiesel is poisonous and as hazardous
as petro-diesel.

>This particular
>subject is a timely and important one and even though
>I knew my point of veiw would be unpopular I chose to
>share it because I felt many might benefit.
>
>Normally you would encourage this...but it seems now
>you are, at least temporarily, the most fanatical of
>posters regarding this subject.

Hmm... this is a sorry business, Dana - you've now said it's the
victim's own fault for his irresponsibility and lack of foresight and
he should take the consequences, yet you expect him to contact you to
ask for your advice, and those who've disagreed with you are ranting,
fanatical, over-emotional, tilting at windmills and anything but
entitled to their own point of view. Plus this strange
misinterpretation above. Plus at least one more such below.

You're jumping to a lot of wrong conclusions - for instance that
those who don't agree with you somehow believe there shouldn't be
standards for biodiesel, which I don't think anyone has said or even
implied, and thus dubbing as "fanatics" and so on - without
responding to the points that have been made in disagreement, other
than to label them.

I'm on record in the archives as being very much pro-standards. What
I've said here has not contradicted that. I've said there is no
standard in the US. There was a provisional quality specification
that expired eight months ago, and there's been little or no public
discussion or information released about that by the organisations
concerned. The NBB is in fact now using a different standard, D-6751,
not the PS spec. I know nothing about it. Do you? Does anyone? What
legal basis does it have? Any?

What's surely required is an accepted biodiesel standard that's been
openly formulated and legally enshrined, that everybody knows about
and has access to, not this woolly stuff.

Now how do you interpret that, Dana? As clear proof that I'm
fanatically anti-standards?

<snip - repetition>

> >Facts and
> > figures concerning the prevalence of and damage
> > caused by sloppily
> > made biodiesel please. Er, not the iffy German
> > commercial stuff,
> > backyarder and unregulated small operator
> > perpetrators would be
> > better.
>
>Keith,
>If you will carfully read my response I made no claim
>that well made biodiesel "emissions are worse than
>dino-diesels'".

Who said you did? Maybe you should try reading a bit more carefully. You said:

"Sloppily made BD can not only ruin an engine but spew much more crap
into the air than commercial petrodiesel."

That's what I questioned, clear and unambiguous:

"Reference? You keep talking about the scourge of sloppily made
biodiesel and the damage it does, you imply you know of blown-up
engines which people keep quiet about, and now you claim that the
emissions are worse than dino-diesel's."

And... no references, just complaints and labellings. Aaah - this is
hopeless. My turn Dana: You're ranting, and reading stuff that ain't
there. I'll leave you to it.

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects