--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Dana Linscott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jim,
> I doubt that this is true. Sloppily made BD can not
> only ruin an engine but spew much more crap into the
> air than commercial petrodiesel. More importantly
> sloppily made commercial BD will ruin the chances of
> any small producer of BD to gain the confidence needed
> for public acceptance to spread.
It seems he has gained his customer's confidence. If this was a
customer complaint, I might see it differently.
> It is just this type
> of argument that large commercial producers cite to
> support thier argument that small scale BD producers
> need MORE regulation.
The small producer is much more accountable to his customer, than
the 'Big Guys' are. Have there been any customer complaints?

> Somehow we need to prove that the current regulations
> are more than enough rather than argure "we don't need
> no stinkin' regulations" and unless there are
> alternative organizations to the NBB it is currently
> our only hope to do this.
I don't know what the current Regs, if any, are. If someone (EPA) is
making the allegation that he is NOT in compliance, isn't the burden
of proof on the entity that is making the allegation? Have they
offered any evidence that his product is out-of-spec?

> I cannot for the life of me understand why any
> commercial BD producer would refuse to comply with
> pollution control law.
I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that his product is NOT in
compliance.
>It would seem contrary to the
> ethos of "care for the land" that I constantly see
> among those searching for more responsable energy
> sources. I freely admit that I am a bit skeptical of
> anyone that says "trust me...its' perfectly safe" but
> refuses to provide independent verification of thier
> products safety.
I too, am skeptical of many things. I don't insist that every time I
buy a vehicle, that it be crashed into a wall to prove
crashworthiness before buying. I'll take the manufacturers word for
it, that it is similar to the ones they did crash. If someone were to
allege there is a difference, wouldn't they be the one required to
provide some evidence to support their allegations?

> I wish I were a YBD customer. I would probably be
> working to help get it back on track instead of trying
> to alienate potential allys. In spite of the fact that
> I have nothing to gain personally I am the only poster
> that has offered to help and that offer still stands.

I personally commend you for this. I don't think I am qualified to
offer assistance in what may turn out to be a legal matter.
I guess I really don't understand what the problem is. He is in
business, selling a product to satisfied customers. Someone (EPA) has
complaned he is not in compliance. I have seen NO evidence to support
their contention. In my understanding of law, the complainant has the
burden of proof. Until they provide some evidence, it is an
unsubstantiated allegation, and the defendant should not be deprived
of his livelihood on that basis.
If I were to file a complaint against the station down the street,
would they have to shut down until they could prove they were selling
clean fuel? Or would I have to provide some evidence before the
business would be closed? If my allegation turned out to be false,
wouldn't I be liable for the loss of business income?

Motie

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM