----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
Van: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Aan: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
Verzonden: vrijdag 15 februari 2002 14:27
Onderwerp: [biofuel] BioD in Portugal

> A pal of mine says that quite a fair amount of BioD is made in
> Portugal. Does anyone know anything about this?
> Best regs James

> Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
> To unsubscribe, send an email to:

   Hi James,
   Biofuels for transportation purposes in North-Western Europe consists of
2 variations.
  1- Pure plant oil (we call it "solardiesel" as it is stored sun energy !)
  2- Biodiesel

  -Both are produced from rapeseed .
   1) pure plant oil is derived from rapeseed by way of coldpressing the
seeds
    using a part of the oil in generators providing heat and electricity for
the
    presses. It requires relatively little energy.After filtering it can
immediately be
    used as fuel for diesel engines.The plants are relatively small in size
(10.000-5 million liters a year)
   However, please note that the engines should be modified for the use of
this fuel.
   The best solution for this are the wellknown Elsbett kits.Bosch parts in
the car is an advantage.
   The fuel itself is based on a fuelstandard as establised by the
University of Weihenstephan in
   Bavaria.
   It is by far the cheapest, cleanest ,environmental friendly ,and simple
way to produce an alternative dieselfuel.
   It is also a very good lubricant for the engine itself,as nowadays
oilcompanies are reducing
   phosphor in dieselfuel, causing engine damages.
   One hektare produces around 1100 liters fuel and 2000 kg high proteine
cattle fodder and
   abt. 2,5 tons very popular straw.(yield per hektare abt. 3000 kgs
seeds,natural fertilizers)
    Energy balance very positive at least 1 input to 3,5 output.

2) Biodiesel, generally warmpressing method, in order to get more oil out of
the seeds.
    Needs therefore more energy. Generally large plants 50-100.000
tons/year.
    But basic product oil practicall same as under 1)
    Then the difference begins:
    -adding methanol, removing the glycerine (glycerine becomes a
By-product)
    -now we have a product called Rape-oil-methyl-ester
    -filtration and cleaning
    -distilling rests of methanol
    -conditioning and adding fluid accillerator for winteruse
   -The fuel itself is based on a common accepted fuelstandard by most
European carmakers.
   Energy balance  1:1
   In Europa more than 1500 gasoline stations sell this type of biodiesel,
which does
   not require alterations to the engine itself.

  We wonder what Keith Addison is doing, as all techniques of this subject
available in
  Europe, he only needs to study the websites of :
  www.folkecenter.dk
  www.solaroilsystems.nl.
  www.elsbett.com
  www.pflanzenoelinitiative.de
  www.uni-muenster.de/Energie/bio/archiv/01/11/0802.html
  www.tec.agrar.tu-muenchen.de/pflanzenoel/001er100.pdf
  www.fnr.de
  www.bioenergie.inaro.de
  www.ufop.de
  http://valenergol.free.fr

 regards
Hein Aberson / Woodland/ Fiesland/Netherlands

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM