----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
Van: Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Aan: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
CC: Woodland B.V. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Verzonden: vrijdag 15 februari 2002 18:07
Onderwerp: Woodland B.V - was Re: [biofuel] BioD in Portugal

> [...]
> >  www.uni-muenster.de/Energie/bio/archiv/01/11/0802.html
> >  www.tec.agrar.tu-muenchen.de/pflanzenoel/001er100.pdf
> >  www.fnr.de
> >  www.bioenergie.inaro.de
> >  www.ufop.de
> >  http://valenergol.free.fr
> >

> > regards
> >Hein Aberson / Woodland/ Fiesland/Netherlands
>
> On the contrary Mynheer Aberson, one wonders what you are doing,
> since you seem to have changed your ground somewhat while pretending
> you haven't. Let me remind you of your original statement, which was
> questioned by people here who know exactly what they're doing:
>
> "However the process to chemically change the structure of Pure Plant
> Oil, is a very costly
> operation and requires a lot of energy, as it removes the glycerine
> substituting it by  methanol as well as adding other chemicals,
> making the endproduct poisenous and equally hazardous as dieselfuel."
>
> Would you please comment on that paragraph, without pretending it's
> not there, because it is?
>
> Below is the letter I sent you offlist, which apparently makes you
> wonder what I am doing. Please respond to it.
>
> Keith Addison
> Journey to Forever
> Handmade Projects
> Osaka, Japan
> http://journeytoforever.org/
>

> >Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:29:17 +0900
> >To: "Woodland B.V." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >From: Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: Re: [biofuel] Statement-SOLAROIL-Eu-tax.4.12.2001.doc
> >Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >Pardon me, but this message you've sent to the Biofuels mailing list
> >is rather questionable. This section is just nonsense:
> >
> >>However the process to chemically change the structure of Pure
> >>Plant Oil, is a very costly
> >>operation and requires a lot of energy, as it removes the glycerine
> >>substituting it by  methanol as well as adding other chemicals,
> >>making the endproduct poisenous and equally hazardous as dieselfuel.
> >
> >Do you have any references to support these statements?
> >
> >Methyl esters is NOT costly to make, it does NOT require a lot of
> >energy (thousands of people all over the world make it in their back
> >yards and kitchens, producing their own high-quality fuel), the
> >end-product is proven to be less toxic than table salt and more
> >biodegradeable than sugar, and it has very few of the hazards of
> >petro-diesel fuel, as many scientific studies have thoroughly
> >established. It is carbon-neutral and MUCH cleaner burning.
> >
> >I can support these statements with solid references. For instance,
> >according to a U.S. Department of Energy study completed at the
> >University of California at Davis, the use of pure biodiesel instead
> >of petroleum-based diesel fuel could offer a 93.6% reduction in
> >cancer risks from exhaust emissions exposure.
> >
> >Please inform yourself a bit better about biodiesel. I'm sure you
> >mean well, but you do the renewable fuels movement a disservice by

Did not receive your first comments on my statement that making biodiesel
as done in Europe is a costly operation.
You have to see this remark in the context of making pure plant oil for fuel
purposes in
production plants versus making biodiesel on a broader scale in production
plants.

I appreciate your backyard and kitchen approach on making biodiesel, but
this
is not the way the world is waiting for, although I can imagine that it
gives you
and many others pleasure to be able to make your own fuel.

The making of altenative (bio) fuels and energy is a matter which concerns
all of us.

As from the year 2005 worldwide  crude oilreserves will produce each year 2%
less oil as today, at the same time the demand will rise 3% each year.This
means
an(accumulating) gap of 5% each year.(read the prospects of geologist of
Shell and BP !)

You can understand what may happen when this scenario unrolls.
-Only fuel for those who are able to pay the high prices.
-Poverty in many countries.
-Wars and terror to secure the sources of energy.
-Gouvernments bonded with monopolistic oilcompanies will dictate your and my
future.
-Already now the first signs can be seen in  America, where the president is
boycotting
 the Kyoto agreements, and is favouring the domestic energy companies
accomodating them
 with all the help they ask for,and getting the Enron disaster in return
where the common
citizen pays the bill.

European policymakers, but also conscious Americans are paving the way for
biofuels.
However this should be done in a way which should give benefits and
prosperity to more people as does crudeoil today and in a way which is
acceptable to all parties.
Oilcompanies as the biggest profitmakers ever,are at the same time
the sellers of a product which pollutes our world on a larger scale than any
atombomb ever did.
This proces goes on and on, and there are no sanctions whatsoever.
We have to force our politicians to rethink, to use the sun as ultimate form
of energy supply.

If you read my letter to the European Union about pure plant oil
(Solardiesel) you may understand
that we in fact have a common goal, and with support of the gouvernments can
create better
prospects for farmers, technicians, scientists,consumers, environments and
living conditions.
It generates not only new sources of energy, it generates also employment,
new inventions,
independency of external sources,and it keeps your currency rolling in your
own country.
Biofuels is one of the contributing options of hidden
sun-energy,affordable,cleaner and renewable.

Now back to your remark.
Attached you will find a 1999 report on different capacity biodiesel plants.
When you read my statement to the Eur. Union carefully, you will see, that
pure plant oil(rapeseed
oil) requires very little energy. That is why the energy balance is 1:3,5
 and up)
Energy(again) plays an important role in establishing a favourable
energybalance.
You can see for yourself how much energy and chemicals are used to alter the
structure
of pure plant oil into biodiesel.
So  please do not teach me about energy consumption and toxity of making
biodiesel.
Biodiesel is according to European laws to be considered in the same class
of danger/toxity as
dieselfuel, whereas pure plant oil (rapeseed oil)is edible and at the same
time can be used as
salade dressing, and naturally degradable.
We are in the proces to build an oilmill for pure plant oil(rapeseed as
basis) and not for biodiesel
because we find that we should adept the engine to natural features , and
not vice versa.

best regards
Hein Aberson/Solaroilsystems/Friesland/Netherlands

own

> Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
> To unsubscribe, send an email to:

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM