From: "Ken Provost" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 5:51 PM
Subject: [biofuel] Re: The Debate Over Diesel

Motie writes:

>  I am currently working on a proposal to use Rye and Barley
>in a crop rotation plan with Suger Beets, with Canola/Rape seed
>on the side.
>Primary products to be Ethanol and Canola oil with a distinct
>possibilty of Ethyl Ester Biodiesel. Marketable by-products would
>be DDG and Oilseed cakes.
>Process energy (electric and steam) to be provided by a gasifier
>running on wood waste from local sawmills.
>  I have someone working on the details of putting this together
>as a Co-operative, with the suppliers (farmers and sawmill owners)
>being the owners.
>  It's still pretty tentative, but I have 2 sites located, and support
>(at least interest) from the Mayors/County Board members.

What a great idea! That rotation could probably include even more
oilseeds. I'm looking hard at safflower. Canola is nice oil for
biodiesel, but the plant itself may be sort of a "sensitive" bugger --
kinda the "Toy French Poodle" of the Brassica family!

Where is this coop gonna be located, BTW? I'd love to come
check em out when they're running (maybe I'll bring a rŽsumŽ :-))
You probably know this already, but a great structure for such a
coop would be an LLC, (limited liability company???).  I looked into
em a bit when I wanted to set up a joint beverage alcohol recycling/
waste grease recycling plant, also to make ethyl biodiesel. Good luck!

Plan to Sell a Home?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J2SnNA/y.lEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM