>In our area of central New York state, one of the large super market chains
>claims
>they are getting paid for their WVO. Another one in town is tossing the 4.5
>gal of
>WVO in the dumpster

A year or two ago it seemed to me there was a story in the NY Times about New
York City Restauraunts illegally (some of them) dumping their waste in the
sewers, mucking up the works.  Not that this is the same issue, but aren't there
any regs against putting such waste in the dumpsters in such amounts?

>(I'm working on them, hoping they'll let me take it instead).
>The local Walmart is being charged, but won't let me take it because of fear of
>liability issues. I haven't checked the local fast food chains.
>
>It seems best to deal with locally owned private, non franchise stores and
>restaurants for their WVO, thereby saving them the 40 cents U.S. (on average)
>per
>gallon they are charged by the renderers. Every dollar saved helps toward their
>bottom line.
>
>Chris

I'm not sure what a renderer is, but my angle is different than some others'.

My angle would be as a trouble-maker for the big guys who are needlessly doing
the wrong thing.  So, it would be less important to me to know of how to buy it
from small guys in my own community than to know of specific large companies who
are needlessly mucking up the works (literally) by not availing themselves of
the most enlightened possible policies (not to mention costing their
shareholders money by paying others to haul it away, rather than getting full
value for it).

If a company like McDonald's or Burger King, for example, does not have
enlightened policies in place, or has not put test programs in place with all
possible earnestness, then this needs to be brought to light.

It's always hard to bring the waste-to-useful-product angle to light, but it has
to be done, I think.

Thx for the response, I should add, it is part of the picture I was looking for.

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM