----- Original Message -----
From: murdoch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

but for changing OS's, I'd counsel caution and at least a
good backup.  Linux people are enthusiastic and have a good OS to
recommend (from what I hear) but are not likely to help a
non-professional windows user fully appreciate all of the hazards and
problems that can come up.

Since used computers seem to be a robust and affordable option in my
local paper, I'm thinking the next time I can just buy one of them,
install an alternate OS, and then not have to mess with this concept
of more than one OS on a hard drive unless it's a non-essential
hard-drive.