Dear Daniel,

The subject was biofuel and I see them as renewable
biological sources. I was driving Taxis on NG, 40 years
ago in Sweden, but it is not a biofuel. The country that
adopted NG the most is probably The Netherlands and
I have often driven NG fueled cars there. They also have
resources of natural gas.

Keith initiated a very interesting discussion about
synthetic fuels and the production of oil from coal.
All of this are especially interesting for the coal rich
Germany. It is however not biofuel. I do not think that
Germany lacks agricultural area, it is a pseudo argument.
You do not hear this in The Netherlands who have
most people per square kilometer of the countries in
the world.

I also had an other restriction that excludes many
alternative that are possible to develop. That is the
"ready for use" condition. This means that it could
be generally implemented in a time span of 20 to
40 years. Ethanol and Biodiesel/SVO can use
existing consumer equipment and fit into existing
distribution systems.

If you start a business based on biofuel it must be
possible to sell and use it now. If not, it is not a
business. In fact, it was a very interesting exercise
to take that perspective, because it becomes an
acid test for the "ready for use" perspective.

I have so much that I want to learn and so much
that I want to communicate. I will continue and
you will probably find the tings you missed in an
other piece for our web site.

Hakan