Daniel wrote:

<snip>

>Biodiesel does not have the best reputation cause
>of the problems of monocultures.

You might as well say that most food doesn't have the best
reputation, for the same reason. That's not the only way to grow
food, not even the best way, in fact it's the worst way. - As Europe
(and elsewhere) is now discovering, with its policy to adopt more
sustainable agricultural methods. The same goes for biodiesel. No
need for monocropping or industrialized production systems with high
fossil-fuel inputs and high levels of externalizations. In fact it
makes better sense on an integrated, mixed sustainable farm, which
can produce a lot of biofuel from waste products without any
dedicated land use.

>But it takes 0,55
>% of the fuel market in Germany.
>So these are some points what is in the discussion
>in Germany. But Germany is not the biggest country
>although it has the most people in the Europe. A
>unique solution can only be found within Europe,
>here Ethanol might be leading.

A start for that might be found in the current over-production of
sugar beet, rather than using inequitable trading arrangements to
dump it on 3rd World countries, distorting their markets and rural
sectors.

And (unlike the US) maybe it will occur to someone to marry the two
and replace the methanol in biodiesel with ethanol.

Keith