> I was trying to make a similar point in an earlier post about comparing
> "what America is turning into" ... versus WWII Hitler.   I compared Hitler
> "cornerning the market of him being the boss" .... and modern America's
> Homeland Security ... Total Info Awareness F (still don't remember what "F"
> stood for) .... Terrorist-findingWiretapping .... etc.

 I was watching a program called "NOW" with Bill Moyers
 who was speaking of US security being expounded upon
 along with "secret arrests", "secret intelligence courts" and
 "not only can they detain anyone they'd like to detain,
 there is no public information about it."  --

 Breaking News

 There's an important story developing tonight at the Justice Department.
 The non-partisan Center for Public Integrity obtained a closely-guarded
 document that shows plans for a sweeping expansion of the government's
 police powers.

 Until now, few people outside of the department, not even members of key
 congressional committees have seen this draft legislation. It could lead
 to increased surveillance and greater secrecy - all in the name of the war
 on terror. It raises questions about how we balance liberty and security
 - the rights of individuals versus the rule of law.

 Bill Moyers talks to Chuck Lewis about the significance of the Domestic
 Security Enhancement Act of 2003 and how it would affect civil liberties.
 http://www.pbs.org/now/politics/lewis.html

 Read the complete interview
http://www.pbs.org/now/printable/transcript_lewis2_print.html
 Read the Department of Justice Response (PDF)
 See who received the draft legislation (PDF)

 =======================

 Special Report
 Justice Dept. Drafts Sweeping Expansion of Anti-Terrorism Act
 Center Publishes Secret Draft of ĪPatriot IIā Legislation
 By Charles Lewis and Adam Mayle

 (WASHINGTON, Feb. 7, 2003) -- The Bush Administration is preparing a
 bold, comprehensive sequel to the USA Patriot Act passed in the wake of
 September 11, 2001, which will give the government broad, sweeping new
 powers to increase domestic intelligence-gathering, surveillance and law
 enforcement prerogatives, and simultaneously decrease judicial review and
 public access to information.

 Continued @
http://www.publicintegrity.org/dtaweb/report.asp?ReportID=502&L1=10&L2=10&L3=0&L4=0&L5=0

 USA Patriot Act II--A$hcroft drafts secret sequel
 By Charles Lewis and Adam Mayle
 http://www.phillyimc.org/article.pl?sid=03/02/08/0050215&mode=thread