Sorry for didn't follow up? Why you are fighting?  For permit?
Recently we were denied a permit for a solar carport, the chairwoman of the
planning committee does not like solar panels.  She thinks the blue
polycrystalline panels are not just another new type of building materials!?
You have to hide them on the roof and in the back.  Not to be seem from the
streets.  She said that in a public hearing and tried to humiliate us in
front of the participants, she and her atheistically taste are for the sake
of the city!?
We were not humiliated but surprised, she needs to be re-educated to keep up
with social or scientific PROGRESS!

Same from the San Marino city, where a lot of million dollars houses!  You
can put solar system
but in the back, not on the front that you can see from the street. Why?
It's not acceptable if only some houses have the solar
panels and some have not.  It will not be in conformity and will decrease
the property values in that area.
 I actually think it will increase the value of the property! And I know
some construction companies are now building new and energy efficient houses
with the option of solar systems, they are selling very well.  It's a new
commodity available in the market and consumers love the idea that they can
lower the consumption of energy, build up their own power supply!

 I just don't get it?  Why some governments can not see the benefits but the
negative side of progree? Sometime you wish that all the approval processes
can be handled by computers, not human!  Unless there are perfect Christians
and never make mistakes!

Need a strong leader to lead the progress of alternative energy.  For the
farmers, the funding is a sign of approval to push the movement to the right
direction.  Losing the funding for the windmill is symbolic and financially
devastating, because they will be discouraged.

I shared the same feeling that we would rather move on the jobs and not
wasting time to fight the governments!
They treated us like enemies and it's unbelievable!  Only few like Clintons
or the Gores are pushing this agenda!

Also we are talking about converting an old gas staion to a green station,
and pumps to sell biofuel!
We have to come up with the numbers to support the proposal, that how many
population or cars in that city will need biofuel.  Because it's in a
commericial zone, we will have to deal with the same athestical standard as
the same lady is in charge
of the planning.  The other planners were happy about the idea and suggested
us to get funding from the environment department in the city hall.  The
feeling is mixed and I hope it's just the process for moving to a new era!

But I do share the feeling that you have to spend so much time in dealing
with them!  We might have to go to media if the dragon lady persisted here!
Legal system is not a perfect place to argue.  In the present system of
things, can only say Good Luck!