--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, murdoch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'll intersperse my comments.

> Motie:
>
> I thought your response to Mr. Fairanks seemed reasonable.  It
isn't as though
> you are grumbling for handouts, but rather asking to be allowed to
do business.

That is my position, which many seem to misinterpret as wanting some
special treatment. I would be totally happy if we could simply all
play by the same rules/regulations/laws.

> If only the rights of folks to do business were being protected.
But under
> guise of being concerned about this, we see some people (e.g. the
poster on the
> other local board) brushing aside the concern of some with
complaints in favor
> of a seemingly oversimplified argument.

Actually, his type is pretty common. They puke out some totally
ignorant drivel just to see who will agree with them, then (I'm
speculating) they decide by a democratic majority vote that their
opinion is factual, and someone with lesser numerical support is to
be blocked from disagreement or refutations.

> In any case, a couple of years ago when Mr. Ventura was governor, I
thought I
> read somewhere that he wanted to help out the Minnesota ethanol
cause, but was
> tied-up because he was clearly against mandates, on principle, and
so he had a
> problem with mandating a certain amount of ethanol use.  Sorry if
this is
> inaccurate.

That is pretty accurate, and I agreed with him then and now. I will
fully support widespread voluntary use, but I can't support a
government mandate. Once government mandates something, it's required
use is always going to raise the price to consumers, and will usually
end with government sponsored semi-monopolies. Regulatory rules
applied arbitrarily soon eliminate any serious competition. Newly
empowered Bureaucrats deny or approve Permit applications as they see
fit. Regulatory rules are enforced or waived on an arbitrary basis.

> What was your opinion of his view and policies?  Did he seem to
make an effort
> to promote what you thought were reasonable policies toward ethanol
production?

I agreed with most of his Policies, but he wasn't able to implement a
lot of them, due to the Good Old Boy Network's influence on
regulatory bureaucrats. The bureaucrats have basically taken over the
running of the State, by deciding who gets approvals and who doesn't.
Most of them are Democrat supporters, so anyone who has connections
to the Democratic Party can get exemptions from regulations and have
needed applications processed and approved in a timely fashion.

> Did you ever try to get an audience of any sort with him?  I bet if
he knew a
> lot about your case he'd probably care a bit, even if he might fail
to help as
> much as he thought he'd be able to do.

I never talked to him directly, but I talked to his personal
assistant several times. There was little he could do with all the
other problems on his plate at the time. The Bureaucracy is deeply
entrenched.

> I saw him on Leno the other night and he is apparently about to
have a
> nationwide TV show on MSNBC.  I don't have a strong opinion of
him "for" or
> "against" but it seems clear that he has Presidential Aspirations
at some point.

I see little chance of him being elected to President. He has too
many enemies in both of the major Parties. There may be some minor
differences between Repubs and Dems, but they are both on the side of
totalitarian government and won't tolerate any opposition for long.

I see a change in the future, but I can't predict when it will occur,
or what will be the trigger. I am certain it will be widespread. The
grassroots level People are nearing their limits of tolerance, from
Ruby Ridge and Waco, to Elian Gonzales, to the Klamath Basin farmers,
to the Western States Loggers, to NRA members, to the Arizona Militia
guarding the border, to the We the People Tax protest group, to Small
Business owners.
Government Agencies are running amok with no regard to the
Constitution or Laws. Judges won't enforce the Laws against Corporate
or Government abuses, in clear and direct violation of their Oath of
Office to uphold the Constitution.
Corruption and lawlessness abound within government Agencies, and the
People have little legal recourse left.
The Patriot Act and Homeland Security Act are just a couple of the
latest straws on the Camel's back.
I believe the plan for a totalitarian government has been planned
for, well in advance of the present time. It's not been successfully
implemented because the Second Amendment has not been totally
disposed of, though it has been seriously infringed upon. I don't
know what spark will light the tinderbox, but you'll know it when it
happens.

Motie