----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 19:20
Subject: [biofuel] Re: Introduction and some questions - Newbie

>   Have you checked with several different companies?

8 of them, and none willing to give me a break on the price for *NOT*
hauling the wood away.  Seems some of them, turn around and sell it as
firewood, but, since they would not be able to sell mine, they have to make
up the cost some how.

What prices are
> they asking?

Started at $75.00 per tree + $10.00 / Hr, 1 hr. mininium.

>Is the company local?

As far away as Monument (20 min. up the hwy).  I would have to goto Pueblo
or Castle Rock would be the next further out ( 45 min. )

How far away is it to a non-local
> company? If you get a couple more neighbors with Tree removals
> planned, can you make a cooperative offer to get an out of town
> company to give a better price?

Thought about it already, no one else wants to keep the wood so they bring
use the local.

>   How big are the trees, and how much free-space around them?

They are 25-30 year old pines ( lodge pole ? ), that were put in when the
house was built in '79.  I say up to 30 because the house was a model home
for the area, and more than likely they wanted fast landscapeing so they
might have put in larger trees ( 3-6 yrs.) They are easy 40 ft tall one of
witch has a double trunk starting about 8 ft. up

One could be droped into the street or the front yard, another into the
front yard, the third, into the driveway after the cars are moved.

Greg H.