--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Spence" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> you can't put a cord of wood in a pickup truck. a cord of wood is 4
x 4 x 8
> and weighs 2 tons.
>
> Steve Spence
> > > > >

> > WOW! I'm in culture shock. Here it's $40 cord delivered for Oak,
but
> > it's likely to be a minimum of 10 cords. Several People are
selling
> > seasoned mixed Hardwoods for $35 for all you care to load into
your
> > pickup.

 I don't see where I made any mention of hauling a cord of wood, and
pickup truck in the same sentence. If I made that implication, it was
accidental.

 I mentioned the price of Oak as being $40 per cord delivered to you.
This is fresh-cut green (non-seasoned) wood, and is normally
delivered in 10 cord(minimum) loads.

 In this area, seasoned wood is sold by Entrepreneurs who have
invested the time and effort to cut, split, and stack it under cover
for a year, and is normally only purchased by those who don't cut
their own wood, or who have run short of their own seasoned wood.
They buy a pickup load at a time to finish out the heating season.
Some who heat with another source and want some wood for backup heat
or for a Fireplace also buy a pickup load.

Motie