----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 22:59
Subject: [biofuel] Re: Introduction and some questions - Newbie

> You're probably looking at $300 then. Is the price of firewood in
> your area worth messing with it?

I'm looking at around $225.00 a cord for soft woods, $300 for hard wood.

> How much do they want to charge you for hauling it away? (Whether
> they actually haul it or not?)

I'm not sure, because it is worked into the price of firewood and the actual
'removal' of the tree.

> Will they 'sell' it to you at a discount price, seeing as how their
> transport costs would be non-existant?

Didn't ask.  The cost of renting a log splitter is $10.00/Hr 3 Hr minimum,
and even if the cost of a chain saw is about the same, I figured I would
still come out on top ( even if I went out and bought a chain saw new ).  I
was just figuring that if the I could cut with high pressure water faster
and it be not as messy, it might bring the cost down even further.

Greg H.