--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Greg and April" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> >   Have you checked with several different companies?
>
> 8 of them, and none willing to give me a break on the price for
*NOT*
> hauling the wood away.  Seems some of them, turn around and sell it
as
> firewood, but, since they would not be able to sell mine, they have
to make
> up the cost some how.
>
> What prices are
> > they asking?
>
> Started at $75.00 per tree + $10.00 / Hr, 1 hr. mininium.

You're probably looking at $300 then. Is the price of firewood in
your area worth messing with it?
How much do they want to charge you for hauling it away? (Whether
they actually haul it or not?)
Will they 'sell' it to you at a discount price, seeing as how their
transport costs would be non-existant?

Another totally roundabout method, may be to contact your Homeowner's
Insurance company, and express concern that the Trees may fall on the
House (or car) and damage it, and should be removed as a preventative
measure, and would they pay for the removal of the hazard before the
damage occurs?

Motie