--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Greg and April" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > You're probably looking at $300 then. Is the price of firewood in
> > your area worth messing with it?
>
> I'm looking at around $225.00 a cord for soft woods, $300 for hard
wood.

WOW! I'm in culture shock. Here it's $40 cord delivered for Oak, but
it's likely to be a minimum of 10 cords. Several People are selling
seasoned mixed Hardwoods for $35 for all you care to load into your
pickup.

>The cost of renting a log splitter is $10.00/Hr 3 Hr minimum,

That is another thing that never crossed my mind. A few retired
people own Log Splitters, but mostly just for recreational use. It's
faster and better exersize to split it by hand. Or pay a neighbor kid
$20 to split and pile it for you.

> and even if the cost of a chain saw is about the same, I figured I
would
> still come out on top ( even if I went out and bought a chain saw
new ).

Better check the prices on Chainsaws first. The thought never crossed
my mind that you may not already own one.

> was just figuring that if the I could cut with high pressure water
faster
> and it be not as messy, it might bring the cost down even further.

Sorry. :-(  It's strictly an Industrial process.

> Greg H.

Motie