Common, reliable, used in all sorts of marine applications, buses, etc.

Known as "Screaming Green Leakers" I believe, for their noteworthy
tendency to run and run, but leak lube oil from various places.

Just keep a rag handy.

Pretty heavy on fuel use...my 40' tug had a Perkins 354-6, under 100HP,
yet could tow a small barge well, and was very economical. Do you
really need all that horsepower??

Edward Beggs
http://www.biofuels.ca