Probably, we kept it under 40 lbs nitrogen gas so it wouldn't
explode.  It's Health-Fire-Safety rating was 4-4-4 (bad-bad-bad), it
is a teratogen and mutagen.  Was great stuff to work with.  I had to
use a 100 lb forced air mask, wear 2-3 layers of gloves (space gloves
were these silver plastic kind, then a pair of butyl gloves, and if
it was hot a pair of leather gloves).  Try to work on a 10 gallon
scale up reactor with all that crap on.  Amazing how difficuly it can
be to use a wrench when you can't feel it in your hand through the
gloves.

We had 2 indicators in there - a yellow flashing light meant get out,
your health is in jepordy.  A white strobe meant run for your life,
and turn the wind-tunnel exhaust fan on your way out.  The back wall
and ceiling were designed to give way first in case of an explosion.
Got a yellow strobe about once a week, a white one about once a
month.  If I was at home and a light flickered I found myself running
for the door.

Now I'm a software developer, sitting in my cube under a fluorescent
light, drinking my coffee.  Much better work environment.

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Greg and April" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Ethylene Oxide?  Isn't that the stuff they used in fuel air bombs,
because it has a tendency to spontaneously ignite when it reached the
proper fuel/air ratio for combustion?

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511