Hello All,

I am gathering materials to build a closed processor and have some
questions that I am sure are rather elementary, but here goes:

I have heard it mentioned that the processor can build up pressure. Why
and how much? Should I have a pressure relief valve for safety?

I'm undecided between using a 55 gal drum with a cone bottom or an old
water heater as a processor. Regarding the  water heater, I have seen
the recommendation that it be plugged into a 110 outlet instead of 220
to keep the elements from getting too hot. Is it okay to do that? Would
it make an electrician shudder?

Is this pump, with a 1/2 hp motor, an appropriate size to act as a
stirrer for a 55 gal drum processor?
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=1479

Will mixing the methanol and NaOH create pressure in the mixing tank?
Can I cap it tightly when mixing methoxide "the easy way"? Do I need a
mixing tank with a little head room?

I almost hate to ask this one: Small aquarium air-pumps have been
recommended for pumping methoxide from the mixing vessel to the reactor
vessel. I'm sitting here looking at an old aquarium pump wondering, "How
can I make it do that? It's meant to move air". What am I missing about
this concept?

That's it for now. I'm sure there will be many more questions as the
journey continues. Many thanks to all who have come before me.

Sue Miller
Cove, OR

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511