> Yes, I wondered the same thing.  I think the question of how much NOx
> might come
> from biodiesel is somewhat complex, depending on the fuel and the engine?
>
> On the rest of the emissions issues, I think it is not disputed that
> Biodiesel
> would be a help.
>
> The 2007 sulfur-reduction date is a disappointment I think.
>
> On Mon, 10 May 2004 21:48:26 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>I wonder if this will have any effect on the sale and use of biodiesel
>>in the US, since its nitrous oxide levels are higher than petro diesel?
>>The article seems to stress that the reduction in nitrous oxide levels
>>are their focus.
>>
>>Chris
>>
>>Well, there are basically 2 opinions on this, either the diesel engien
will adjust to these new requirements, and because of the fact that if
the NOx and particulate emissions can be controlled, they are by far
more environmentally friendly, they will be everywhere by 2010.  Others
say diesels will go teh way of the dinosaur, and everything will have to
have spark plugs by 2010.  What say you all?  Personally I haven't a
clue.  I just know what I think would be good.
J.D.