I have some Chinese buddy engineers born in the U.S.
and I have some Chinese buddy engineers born in
mainland China. I also have some UK buddy engineers
born in the UK and others born in the US; I have
Nicaragua buddy engineers born in US and Nicaraguan
engineers born in Nicaraguan.  I can say the same for
my buddies from Cameroon, Ireland, Ghana, U.K, Spain,
Argentina, Mexico.  Some born here...some there.  Some
of my buddies have a small business. ONe guy is a PhD
in power engineering and sells transormers to China
and also gets power products from China and sells them
to the US.  They are merchants and simply are seeking
markets to sell their products (some green some not)
and also looking for ways to reduce cost.  The
majority of my buddies don't have any thoughts saying
"let's wreck the economy" and "war is inevitable".

Some countries still have their home-grown goods by
customer choice. For example, when I visited Madrid,
Spain and other parts of Spain it appears most of the
hard products are made locally because of the cultural
nuances of Spaniards - Made in Spain - is very
important to the national pride.

So I think it is a very complex thing.  I do think it
starts with the consumer and our pull and push effect
on suppliers and manufacturers.  We should demand
quality...at a reaonable price.

Organic foods, range free chicken, family wineries,
soy milk, clothes made at home, shoes made at home,
etc.  It is a lost art to be an artisan and truly self
sufficient.

That's my two cents.

=== message truncated ===