To both Mikes,

Before the election, I was inclined to take the argument that Bush did not represent the Americans. When he was first elected, he promised to be a uniter and a lot of more things that have been contrary to his actions during the first term. When he got elected the first time, it was technically by electoral system and the courts, not by a populous majority. Now he was reelected with a comfortable populous and electoral majority and it cannot even be blamed on the electoral system.

In a democracy, he now represent the US and the citizens of US, his actions got the stamp of approval from the American people. It was no surprises this time, everybody knew what he stands for. I still agree that some individuals (stateless) cannot be blamed for his victory, but Bush represent all Americans and in a democracy. This is how it works in a democracy.

If you are not a citizen of US, you can still claim that Bush and the US, do not represent the Americans. The Canadians and central and south Americans, can with authority say that Bush and US do not represent them.

Hakan