From: D. Mindock
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 1/04/05 5:10
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] The Lutec over unity device

To All,
I must say first of all that I was only acting as the bearer of the
information. I also did
not say that I believed it was real, only that I hoped that it was.
Anything
wrong with
that? If you read the Lutec website you will see that they do not want
your
money, even if you
offered it to them. (My friend Renee has known co-inventor John since
the
early 80's when he was
working on this device. She later lost contact with him when he moved to

Santa Cruz.
She was surprised, relieved, and very happy to see that John might have
finally got the
device to work.)
Now for Michael's point that no energy is produced since force x
distance =
energy.
I don't know, but if the magnet is counteracting the force of gravity,
it
seems that something
energetic must be doing this. Let's do a mental experiment. Suppose that
steel bearing is
precisely balancing the force of gravity so that the bearing is
suspended in
space. Now let's
introduce a very small magnet next to the bigger one that holding the
bearing suspended.
What will happen? The bearing will rise against the force of gravity
until
it contacts the magnet.
Work was done, obviously. But now the magnet is not doing classical work

since the bearing is in contact
with it. No movement implies no energy expenditure. Only potential
energy
remains. The inventors
compare this situation to one using an electromagnet. If an
electromagnet is
used you must pump current through the coil
winding to make the magnetic force arise. To hold the bearing in place
against the force of gravity you must expend energy
to hold the bearing. Energy is used up as the current goes through the
windings. The magnet does this for "free".
That's their argument. Is it sound? Well, if the windings and source had

zero resistance, the loss would be zero, and
it too would be "free". So it doesn't seem to be a valid argument. Maybe

they were using baby talk to
explain a complex idea? But by simplifying they missed the mark. It
could be
that this device is
working in spite of an imperfect knowledge, by the inventors, of it.
Inventors do a huge amount of trial
and error steps as they try to perfect their concept. And most are not
PhD's
in quantum physics.
    WRT the patent, it is always safer to make the lesser claim. I think

that's what they did. In a field
as controversial as this, it is the pragmatic thing to do.
    It could be that the device is working but the reasons given are not
the
actual ones. It could be because
of some unknown reaction. The bottom line to me is the measurements. If
the
energy output is greater than
the energy input then it's "working". It is very nice indeed though to
know
how/why the device is doing
what it's doing. It might take a lot of lab analysis to get to that
point. I
would hope that some top flight
lab is doing this kind of work on the Lutec device. (and others, but
let's
leave them aside).
    As I implied from my original message, I HOPE the Lutec device is
real.
I won't bet $1000 on it, for sure!
Maybe $1.
If it isn't the one we're all waiting for, from what I have read by some

very smart people, it is only a matter of time before the Casimir Force
and
what it represents, really is harnessed, now that it's existence is
proven.
These physicists subject themselves to the disdain of their peers but
nevertheless forge ahead. We should all be thankful that such people
exist. In the past, all inventors/researchers of really new technology
were
ridiculed, some were even jailed or worse. (Big Oil
must be very fearful that this technology gets out without their total
control of it.)
Peace and light, D. Mindock  P.S. I don't consider this subject to be
spam.
It is about energy and that's what biofuel is.