Kim,

During the years between the first and the second Gulf war, a very
large number of children died each year, something that Galloway
picked up in his part of the US "oil for food" hearings. "..- who died
only because the fact that they were born in Iraq at the wrong time".
Many 1,000's more than anything from the hurricane. I still have the
Galloway speech at,

http://hakanfalk.com/msnbc_uk_galloway_blisters_us_on_iraq_050517-01b.wmv

This was a direct consequence of the US led blockade. In this case
it was not the parents, it was the "Americans".  I did not see many
Americans being upset about that.

Hakan