On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Mike Pelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  As a mpg stunt, it's quite impressive, but as a scientific experiment, it
>  is unfortuneately not that useful on a quantitative basis for designing more
>  efficient cars.
>  Not if you don't want it to be. Do You want it to be Zeke?

Uh... it doesn't really matter whether or not I want it to be.... the
article did not give numbers for what percent of the efficiency gain
came from the different sources, so we can't really decided what is
most important when designing a superefficient car.  For example, if
they'd run the regular opel around with the vaporized gasoline system
for a while and gotten MPG numbers, then  lightened it and gotten more
MPG numbers, then changed the drive system and got some more numbers,
then did the slow uniform speed test and got some more numbers... then
we could have some idea of how much each item contributed.  Without
more detailed tests like that, we can only conjecture at how much each
item contributed.  What if the lightening of it contributed a doubling
of economy, and the vaporized gas system only increased it another
20%?  We just don't know...