doing on the quiet gets my vote. If you live near a reactor you need your own
detection gear. That also includes people fabbing batteries for space
(plutonium thermopiles). I guarantee mum is the word as liability is huge.

  Kirk

Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi Andy

I wonder what happened to the US plans to recycle radioactive nuclear
wastes into common household appliances like kitchen cutlery and
babies' prams and so on? The proposals came up a couple of times. Did
they just drop it or are they going ahead without telling anybody?
Similar sort of insanity to industry's "reycling" thousands of tons
of hazwastes - lead, arsenic, cadmium, mercury and so on - as fill
for fertiliser, which US farmers happily spread on their fields to
grow their food crops. All perfectly legal too.

>The fact that it pollutes the immediate area, its users as well as anyone in
>the area of its firing is not important to the US Government, nor will it
>ever be.

I'm sure you're right about that. :-(

Best

Keith