Kirk McLoren wrote:
> doing on the quiet gets my vote. If you live near a reactor you need your own
> detection gear.
> That also includes people fabbing batteries for space (plutonium
> thermopiles). I guarantee
> mum is the word as liability is huge.
>
>   Kirk

To me, this is really heartbreaking in a lot of ways. This is so true of
just about anything anymore. When I deconstruct these things, I think
of things like families feeding their kids the 'good stuff' from
the grocery store, cooked up in microwave ovens -assuring that
whatever actual nutrition was left from the pre-processing, or
the actual factory farm techniques employed are destroyed
for certain- thinking they are doing the right thing, taking
care of themselves and their kids, never realizing the damage
that is taking place. It's really heartbreaking.

This is in many ways the same. The legacy of misinformation,
lies, et cetera. Sure, part of it is greed, but that's really
only part. I honestly think that much of it is trying to cover
a horrible mistake with a lie, with another mistake, with
more and more lies and omissions, with a big paycheck waiting
to salve the broken conscience.

I know this to be absolutely true, that some go to their graves
with a staggering burden of shame and sadness. What some of us
call the 'Plan A' folks.

yeah, the liability is huge. And many would use that as the
excuse for not doing the right thing. 'If we tell the truth,
we'd be sued into the ground'. Maybe, maybe not. What's probably
more true, I think, is that when you finally realize that you
have done the wrong thing, is to STOP DOING IT. And apologize.
Yeah, sure, there will be hell to pay, but we are paying
ourselves with hell many times magnified right now.

This insanity has to stop, now is a good time. Sure,
yesterday would have been better, and to have not
done it at all would have been really good. But we
aren't there.

What folks really want to hear, is an apology. Then
we can get on with the work that needs doing. For
folks fearing liability, the liability isn't really
what folks want. It's funny, and maybe counter intuitive,
but one reason folks try to sue to death, is mostly
to get some satisfaction, not to get the money. Oddly,
*most* people, (I know folks really think this is
crazy, but it's true) are NOT motivated by money.

Yeah, the problems and challenges are huge, but the
answers are stunningly simple.

--
Chip Mefford