On 15/05/2011 4:41 PM, Keith Addison wrote:

snip
> Anyway, you usually say I'm more optimistic than you are, as if that
> explains it. Actually, it's been accepted here before that there's no
> contradiction between optimism and realism. So what do you really
> mean when you say I'm "optimistic"? Maybe I'd call it "realistic". If
> you take a good look at previous discussions I think you can see why.
> In fact it's not a matter of opinion, there's an ever-growing
> preponderence of scientific evidence to support it. (Though Joe went
> into denial over that a few months back.) Now, wouldn't it then be
> more rational to attribute your view of things to simple pessimism?
> Eg. "Robert is far more pessimistic about human nature than I am." Hm?
Actually Keith I did not go into denial, I went into forced silence on
the matter if you remember.  I had prepared a rebuttal complete with
references  to support my argument from material which you seem to hold
in high regard, but I was forbidden to post it when you put my posts
under moderation and declared the subject closed which translates into:
I was gagged under threat of banishment from this forum.

Joe