Chris Serio schrieb:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm new to SVG. I've never used it before but i want to use it to
> generate images that can be used in Visio (which can open SVG),
> possibly convert to PDF and also view on the web. The images will be
> generated by a program i want to write which will interpret some data
> in a database.
>
> Basically i'm making schematics for a wiring diagram and i will have
> connector types saved in a database as well as to/from pin routings.
> >From this data i want to generate the schematic using SVG.
>
> I'm proficient in C/C++ but i'm not sure where to begin. Is there an
> SVG SDK for C/C++ out there somewhere?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
> Chris

Hi Chris

i dont know any c/c++ , but as svg is just plain simple xml, you should
be able to build your svgs with any xml lib.
for more advanced features including rendering, and rendering to pdf see:
http://cairographics.org/introduction
and
http://cairographics.org/libsvg

or if you could use Java, there is the Apache Batik project, which is
the most complete open source SVG implementation.
http://xml.apache.org/batik/

and if you are on Linux have a look at
http://librsvg.sourceforge.net/

or if you plan to have a GUI , and want that to be portable, you migth
as well think of building a XUL app, using mozilla svg.
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/svg/
http://www.xulplanet.com/

as i said i dont know c/c++ ,
hope it helps anyways