And I'm happy as I said I would, Paul, of your reply.

You're right that in the immediate there's no equal replacement for
ASV in IE7.

I hope you do understand that it was not your physical person who was
in cause.

Best regards,

Domenico

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Wirdnam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Domenico,
>
> I'm more than happy to reply...I have no connection with Microsoft
> whatsoever; I'm an IT architect employed by one of the major
> pharmaceutical companies...and I'm saddened by your response to my
> request for help / advice.
>
> Sure, we have one in-house developer who is very competent in SVG
> programming...to the extend that we adopted SVG back in 2002 for
> delivering XML-based graphics on the web.  At the time, and like
many
> others, we standardized on the ASV for rendering in IE.
>
> With 2008 fast approaching, and with support for ASV being dropped,
> have a responsibility to find alternative ways to render SVG in IE,
so
> that our existing SVG applications can continue running in a
> supportable environment.
>
> I was hoping that this forum might suggest some options so that we
may
> continue to use SVG with IE, and I'd like to thank Veiko for his.
> Based on your response, I'm beginning to wish I hadn't come here at
all...

> Paul Wirdnam
> UK
>

> --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Domenico Strazzullo" <nst@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Veiko,
> >
> > Chances are that this Paul Wirdnam will not reply. These posts
are
> > probably the work of some marketing guys from Microsoft/others:
> > dramatic topic subject/question with self response, a "Please
help!"
> > in place of signature from somebody who seems quite competent,
etc.
> > They are tentatives of intoxication. I'll be more than happy to
be
> > contradicted by Paul Wirdnam' reply. This list has often been
exposed
> > to talent drainage but at this moment it seems that some would
like
> > to give it a fatal blow. Again, I hope this is only paranoia, but
> > lately there has been a recrudescence of posts that try to
undermine
> > SVG and there's no way that a member can check if the author of a
> > suspicious post is a genuine member since unfortunately he or she
> > doesn't have access anymore to the members' list. I wonder why?
In