Hi Veiko,

svg-developers@yahoogroups.com wrote on 06/08/2007 02:42:34 PM:

> Many thaanks for the suggestion...I hadn't considered a Java
> applet...however, because our SVG is generated on the client-side
> using XML data islands and JavaScript, I'm going to assume that would
> require quite a lot of re-work for our existing SVG-based applications.

   How do your SVG applications access the local XML?  Are they
local SVG files?

> I guess what I'm looking / hoping for was a straight plugin
> switch...from ASV to some other. But maybe there really isn't a
> viable alternative.

   If you just need a container to run the SVG with JavaScript,
Batik (also Java) might be considered.  It wouldn't run in a
Browser it would be a separate app (you actually could run
Batik in a browser as an applet but it's a bit big for that).

   Batik is a bit stricter on what it accepts for SVG/EcmaScript
but I think it implements just about everything ASV did.