I think, based on a quick, but very satisfying, conversation in the elevator at
the conference, that WebKit will be supporting a lot more SVG pretty soon. I
suspect Google, like Apple, will always lag a bit behind the new WebKit
releases since presumably they have to drop W-K into a product and then track
down all the repercussions -- it's hard to imagine there would be none of
those. The diagram in the cartoon shows WebKit very central to the workings of
Chrome and I think we all got the idea that SVG is very central to WebKit, both
technologically and idealogically. Maybe Adobe will feel left out and
reintroduce ASV in a new user-agent, just to put a foot in that particular ring
-- either that or they'll release it and any associated patents? (I rather
doubt that, since it seems like I heard that ASV shares technologies with a
dozen other Adobe products).

I, for one, am going to spend some time seeing if I can make some slightly more
adventurous demos, since it sounds now like it is just a matter of time 'til
the others decide it is time to catch up with Opera in terms of fully
implementing the spec. First and foremost it'd be nice to have a filter to
convert bitmaps to paths like apparently happens in the diffusion curves video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEVe7vU5WiU . If it's good enough for particle
physics it's good enough for Disney, as I always say.

David