I guess I see that you tried uploading this to the files....

sorry, I didn't see that in your message.

David
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Pearman
  To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 6:14 PM
  Subject: [svg-developers] Re: Google Chrome - SVG support?

  Hi,

  OK I decided that a bug which stops most my comics from being viewed
  by Safari and Google Chrome was sufficiently important to develop a
  test case. I've uploaded this to the files as webkittest.svg.

  It seems that the problem is a clipPath with more than one use
  element referencing different paths. I don't know if multiple
  children of any type (or use elements referencing the same path -
  pressumably with a transform attribute on at least one of them) would
  have the same effect.

  This is rather anoying because it means I'll have to go through each
  file and combine paths or something but I'm not sure this will be easy
  (I know I have at least one file with a clipPath with two use
  elements referencing the same rect, one with a transform but there
  are problable some where I've applied the same filter to things with
  different fills or something).

  Richard Pearman http://www.pixelpalaces.com/
  The next stage in the evolution of web comics:
  http://www.onlinecomics.net/pages/details/listing.php?comicID=4415
  Read my Helium articles: http://www.helium.com/users/212199
  South Alberta Cactus and succulent society:
  http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20360241008

  --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Pearman"
  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  > Hi,
  >
  > I've just checked it with the SVG parts of my web comic.
  > Unfortunately it refuses to display "Trial of Humanity" parts I to
  > VIII (this is most the comic to date) with a technical
  > sounding "Something went wrong" message. This wasn't a great
  > surprise because these same files crash Safari, which also uses
  > webkit but I suppose this suggests the problem is in Webkit rather
  > than how Safari uses it.
  >
  > I can't find a bug report page for Google Chrome.
  >
  > I know, perhaps I should develop test cases which demonstrate this
  > bug but I have other things to do with my time (these are
  complicated
  > files which more-or-less work in ASV 3, Firefox, Opera and
  Renesis).