Yes, Return to Krondor is considered a bad game, in all possible aspects. I
can't think of anything interesting about the game (except for the "game"
to unlock chests). Betrayal in Antara was much more interesting.

Pedro R. Quaresma
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"All your base are belong to us"

                    Jim Leonard

                    <trixter@olds                    Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    kool.org>                   A/C:

                                                Ref:

                    26-07-2001                          cc:

                    18:07                Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] Infocom games' boxes

                    Solicita-se

                    resposta a

                    swcollect

"Stephen S. Lee" wrote:

> I'm not sure what you guys are talking about -- if someone dies, just
quit
> right away.  Only if you switch maps is the game actually saved.
> Wasteland is therefore effectively no different from lots of other old
> games, where you just quickly powered down, reset, or backed up
> disks/files if something went seriously awry.

Yes, but you weren't *supposed* to do this.  It was a hack that worked.

> This is discussed a bit in the manual, too.

Only on the IBM version, where savegames were traditionally expected to
work.
And it's discussed in the IBM-specific release notes, not the docs.

> Feist didn't write the plot of BaK.  I think this is a good thing;
> professional authors who get too involved in a game have a strong
tendency
> to screw it up, IMO.  I think Bureaucracy is a good example of this:
> strong writing, but weak gameplay.  Oh, and Feist had a strong hand in
the
> making of Return to Krondor.

Is Return to Krondor a bad game?
--
http://www.MobyGames.com/
The world's most comprehensive gaming database project.

http://www.salvador-caetano.pt
http://www.globalshop.pt