"Lee K. Seitz" wrote:

> I think double hi-res really came along too late for the Apple IIe/c.
> Companies had moved on to the IIgs/ST/Amiga/PC/Mac.  Or maybe I just
> didn't become aware of it soon enough.

No, I think you're right.  I actually heard of double-hi-res as early as
1983, but nobody was willing to use it back then because not every Apple
had 128K of RAM (if memory serves, was a requirement for double-hi-res.)

Holy crap, I just learned there were TONS of high-res games!  I just
found this nugget at
http://www.cs.ruu.nl/wais/html/na-dir/apple2/faq/part11.html :

Below is a listing of Apple II games which are entirely or mainly in
double-hires.

Air Heart
Aliens
Arthur
Bad Dudes
Batman
Battle Chess
Black Cauldron
California Games
Card Sharks
Columns
Corruption (Text/Dhgr)
Crossbow
Death Sword
Destroyer
Dragon Wars
Empire
Global Commander
Gold Rush
Heavy Barrel
Hunt for Red October
Impossible Mission II
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Ikari Warriors II
Into the Eagle's Nest
Journey
King's Bounty
King's Quest (I, II, III, IV)
Labyrinth
Last Ninja
Legend of Blacksilver
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the lounge Lizards
Los Angeles Crackdown
Manhunter
Maniac Mansion
Might & Magic II
Mixed-up Mother Goose
Neuromancer
Pipe Dream
Platoon
Police Quest
Press your Luck
Qix
Rad Warrior
Rampage
Robocop
Shogun
Space Quest
Space Quest II
Spiderbot
Spy vs Spy III
Star Trek: First Contact
Strategic Conquest
Street Sports Baseball
Street Sports Basketball
Street Sports Football
Street Sports Soccer
Temple of Apshai Trilogy (optional hires or double-hires)
Tetris (Hgr/Dhgr)
The Games : Summer & Winter Edition
Thexder
Transylvania (Dhgr version)
Victory Road
Universe II
World Games
Zork Zero

Wow, shows what we know!  :-)  I'm going to have to try some of these
out now.