To Pedro:

Let's assume there's a complete Akalabeth, with an unknown reserve, and a
Buy It Now of $400. You place a bid, but the reserve isn't met. Now, would I
hesitate to use BIN? Oh no. To me the game is worth that much, and I would
buy it right away, even though you 'reserved' it by placing a bid.

I have been clashing with other collectors on eBay before (Dan comes to
mind), and it was a fun experience. No hurt feelings if someone outbids me
(they obviously value the item more than I do). Thing is, if you do sniping
right (e.g. bidding the absolute most that you're willing to pay), you can't
lose! You either win the item, or someone else gets it for a price that you
feel is not acceptable anymore. And there will still be enough bargains in
between, even if a particular auction ends close to the maximum you are
willing to pay.

/Alexander