<There is no price for friendship or respect from a friend collector :)>

True! You are absolutely right. I think it's hard to determine a bidding
pattern or behaviour when it comes to competing with other collectors. Maybe
Akalabeth was a bad example, as it's an exceptionally coveted item. There
are
dozens, even hundreds of less sought-after items out there that I wouldn't
mind letting go if someone else requests me to do so. After all, everything
will turn up on eBay again. Patience is a virtue ;-)

Fact is, I often snipe an auction about 2-4 seconds before it ends, not
knowing that another collector is determined to do the same, so we end up
bidding against each other. It comes with the habit of practicing a rather
efficient way of bidding, so to speak.

/Alexander