This truly sucks, but what other useful options are there out there? And especially for us not living in the US? Paypal have, until now, been a great and fast way of paying for things, and I thought it was very safe. But this brings everything into new perspective. I have sent thousands and thousands of dollars in cash overseas in envelopes before, but I really have no intention of going back there again. I would like to leave, but Paypal has got a firm grip on way too many as things are now.

/Stefan

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 10:05 AM
Subject: [SWCollect] Paypal "protection plan"

Note the part about SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION, delivery confirm not enough in some cases. If anyone decides to can paypal let me know, would warm my heart, they should not get away with this crap :)

"The transaction(s) did not qualify for Seller Protection because:

-You were unable to provide tracking information. For transactions $500
or more in value that are initiated between November 15, 2001 and April
19, 2002, and for transactions $250 or more in value that are initiated
on or after April 19, 2002, the seller also needs to provide an online
proof-of-receipt in the form of a signature from the buyer. The
signature is part of the proof-of-delivery service provided by most
U.S. carrier companies, including the U.S. Postal Service. Because
comparable proof-of-shipment is not currently available for
electronically-delivered items, we are currently unable to offer Seller
Protection for digital goods and other electronically-delivered items

-Virtual items are not covered under our Seller Protection Policy"

Tom

Visit my web page for many games for sale/trade and screen shots of Ultima Escape from Mt. Drash,  Tom's Ultima, Infocom and RPG page