I just found a very neat Register article regarding the "PayPal Money
Back Guarantee," which is really worth a read:

It ends with this paragraph:

"This is just one very small story of hundreds dotted all over the
Internet. And these stories will continue until either a) the law
changes to pull in PayPal and force it to follow the laws and
regulations everyone else is subjected to or b) people learn the fine
distinction between PayPal and the institutions they instinctively
trust."

Yup, quite right.

Marco