Marco Thorek stated:

>They become trickier on all accounts (literally): I remember back when I
>signed up, there was something about them charging $1 to your credit
>card and when you received your credit card bill, you had to enter a
>code given in the PayPal position to activate your account.
>
>Back then that dollar was put into your PayPal account balance, now they
>apparently keep it.

I don't remember them doing that when I signed up.  However, when I
attached a bank account so I could make electronic withdrawals from
PayPal, *they* paid *me* two random amounts between $0.01 and $1.00.
I then had to enter those amounts to confirm the account, and got to
keep the money.

--
Lee K. Seitz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]